Friday, March 16, 2012

lipstick | red

For the longest time, I was scared to wear RED lipstick. I don't know why I was scared, I just was...maybe because I thought I would  look like a clown, or because I was shy! LOL..

so one day, I walked into Sephora, and asked for HELP! One of the ladies used their expertise and picked out a shade of red to go with my complexion. She applied the red lipstick on me, and I have to admit, I was still not comfortable with it on. After a few minutes looking at myself in the mirror, it grew on me. After I purchased my first red lipstick at the age of 26, I felt like a whole new person...more bold and daring to try new things. Woot! 

  
  
  

My go to Red Lipstick! Barcelona by Buxom

 


* I definitely recommend going to Sephora and asking for help to choose the right shade of red lipstick for you. The Sephora staff are definitely knowledgable of the products  and what works best for you. 

What's your favorite brand/shade of red lipstick? ^_^ 

4 comments:

  1. I'm scared of wearing red lipstick, too! I don't wear any makeup, so I feel like if I were to wear red lipstick I would look weird! Haha like it would stand out too much or something. you look gorgeous with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Holly! New year, new you! ^_^ just try it! Trust me, with the RIGHT shade of red, it will really make your outfit. Yes, you will stand out, but in a good way. Think of red lipstick as an accessory. Let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  2. ANDDD I've noticed that you started wearing your hair down. See, hair is nothing to be scared of ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks P. Yes, I have been wearing my hear down...I finally figure out how to wear my hair where my face doesn't look crazy big! Since I have really thin, flat hair :)

      Delete